Brown Rice Dosa Recipe light morning South Indian Breakfast Recipe to start your day energetic. Serve brown rice dosa with sambar, coconut chutney or with podi.
PREP: 6-7 HoursCOOK: 20LEVEL: Easy – YIELD: 2- 3 Person Serving – Recipe Type: Breakfast/ Snack
Ingredients of Brown Rice Dosa Recipe:
- Brown rice – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Idli rice – 1/2 cup
- Urad Dal or Split Black Gram– 1/2 cup
- Chana Dal or Split Bengal Gram– 1 tablespoon
- Flattened Rice or poha – one handful
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for making dosa
How to Make Brown Rice Dosa Recipe Soft and Easily:
to Make Dosa Batter
- Wash and soak brown rice, idli rice, Urad Dal or Split Black Gram, Chana Dal or Split Bengal Gram, Fenugreek seeds 2/3 under clear water.
- Soak rice and dal in a medium bowl with enough water for 6 to 7 hours or overnight. Next day, 10 minutes before grinding, wash poha or beaten rice and add it along with the soaked rice. Let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add all soaked ingredients into a mixer jar. Add water little by little and grind it to a smooth paste. Transfer the ground dosa batter to a bowl. Take care that the bowl should be big enough to hold the batter after the fermentation process.
- Add salt and mix well. Leave the batter aside covered for 9 to 10 hours for it to ferment. You can also use any chemical or ingredients to fast fermentation process. The time taken for fermentation depends on the climate of the region.
To make brown rice dosa
- Heat a Tawa or a frying pan. Grease it with oil. You can apply the oil using a brush or spoon. I always rub the tawa or a frying pan with onion. It prevents dosa from sticking to the pan.
- When the frying pan hot at enough temperature, pour a ladle full of batter onto the hot Frying Pan and spread it in a circular motion from inside to outside. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil around the edges and at the center.
- When the corners start lifting up, slowly flip the dosa to the other side. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of oil. Once this side is cooked, then transfer dosa to a serving plate.
- Serve brown rice dosa with sambar, chutney and any other thing you like.