What’s behind the best-ever holiday cookies? This so easy sugar cookie dough.
Ingredients for Vanilla Sugar Cookies Dough Cook:
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
Directions For How To Make Vanilla Sugar Cookies Dough Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In another large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, then extracts, scraping down side of bowl occasionally. Beat in flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide dough into 4 mounds; shape each into flat disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm but not make hard, about 30 minutes hold.
- On one half of lightly floured large sheet parchment paper, working with 1 disk at a time, roll 1/8 in. thick. With cookie cutter, cut out shapes. With a paring knife or mini offset spatula as you like shape, remove dough between cutouts. On another half of parchment, reroll and cut out scraps.
- Slide parchment onto large cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely on rack. Repeat with remaining dough.